Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I spoke too soon

Oh. my. gosh! I spoke too soon about my wonderful darlings at school. I found out yesterday I was getting a new student. He wasn't suppose to come until today, BUT his mom called after lunch and wanted to bring her sweetheart on to school for a couple of hours to meet everyone. Red flag! Red flag! He came in and was pretty okay. The SPED teacher told me that he had an average IQ, but she also warned me he had a SPED ruling for emotional and behavior issues. Red flag! Red flag!

Well today was totally hell a challenge, to say the least. After looking in the records I found out he was only allowed in the regular classroom for an hour a day!!!!! Red flag! Red flag! I left school this afternoon feeling like I had been run over by a truck, but not before emailing the TWO sped teachers (who I found sitting at their computer all day today with NO students) and telling them that their assistance is greatly needed tomorrow if I don't want to be committed to the insane asylum.
Creative Commons License



Absurdly Yours by
Absurdly Yours is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

Based on a work at
absurdlyyours.blogspot.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That stinks! I'm all for mainstreaming kids, but not when it disrupts everyone else's learning environment. My daughter had a kid in her kindergarten class that couldn't follow ANY directions, the teacher literally spent 80% of the class time getting him to behave. It was awful. I hope you get some relief!

AFRo said...

So please tell me that someone came to rescue you today?

And by the way, I did get your text last week and forgot to respond. I didn't think about it again until this morning when we were riding by and I noticed an elk that had been laid. Scary.

absurdly yours said...

Yes....I got a bit of a rescue when I put my foot down and told the SPED teacher I needed some help. Inclusion is for the SPED students to be in the regular classroom, but with the SPED teacher assisting.(not sitting in her room)

absurdly yours said...

Yes....I got a bit of a rescue when I put my foot down and told the SPED teacher I needed some help. Inclusion is for the SPED students to be in the regular classroom, but with the SPED teacher assisting.(not sitting in her room)