Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dear Mom

Dear Mom of Medicated Boy,
I am very pleased to be given the challenge opportunity to teach your son. He is such a cute little fella. Tuesday when he showed up I was happy to greet him with open arms.

Yesterday about forced me to retire was a real challenge with medicated boy. As if it wasn't enough dealing with him, you decided to call and whine complain to the principal that some other students were picking on him.

Upon your demand, my principal and I both agreed to drop everything we had so carefully planned for our day and meet with you. Even though this is my only moment of the day to go to the bathroom and drink a Diet Dr. Pepper, I still smiled and introduced myself.

Your list of medications for medicated boy was enough to make me want to crawl under the table, but that was nothing compared to your vivid descriptions of the multiple attempts he has made on burning down your house and throwing a desk at his last teacher. I know I mistakenly took your bragging attitude and carefree laughter of these incidences, surely it was just that you were nervous. I am sure you are serious when it come to getting your child out of the house because you fear for your life your child receiving a quality education.

You definitely have a gift for talking, but it would have been nice if we could have had a more serious conversation about medicated boy's issues rather than your own personal story hour.

I am positive you are as concerned as I am about the many different dangerous prescriptions your child is taking at the present time. I understand this is to prevent his psychotic episodes, but I am not sure about the three blood pressure pills and their benefits.

I will not share with you the pure joy of my classroom before Tuesday, however I would like to tell you how your precious child scared even the toughest little devil in my room today. I can't even explain the shock I felt as your rather small lad engaged in a physical struggle over a MARKER with the SPED assistant who is trained in dealing with children like yours. I can see you and medicated boy have a special bond by the way he kept screaming, "No, don't take my marker, my mom gave it to me."

I don't like to brag, but I am pleased with how powerful my voice was to keep teaching and try to over-ride your son's loud fit. I think I even managed to keep a few children's attention through it all.

I am so excited to think that maybe through my hell challenges this year that I have a great chance at getting teacher of the year.

Tired of being on my toes,
Absurdly Your Son's Teacher

Creative Commons License



Absurdly Yours by
Absurdly Yours is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

Based on a work at
absurdlyyours.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

AFRo said...

I am so very sorry honey! These kinds of things make my blood boil because personally, I don't think the kid should ever have been put into your classroom in the first place.

Hats off to you for keeping the others moving during the fit. It's so unfair to them that those kinds of distractions are being forced into their classrooms by laws made by people who don't have a clue what a day in the life of a teacher is like.

That is all.

MBKimmy said...

Oh my geese, this is why I got my teaching degree and then didn't even teach for 2 years - I couldn't handle the parents not the kids, but the parents ...

I am sorry hats off to you for teaching the children of today and I am sending strenght your way to have a better year!

Wep said...

OH I have had those days. Hang in there :(

Anonymous said...

Oh lordy! You're a saint!

John Deere Mom said...

Oh honey. That sucks. Big time. Here's hoping medicated boy gets sent to another school ASAP.