Monday, August 11, 2008

Don't judge a book by what you hear others say

OK....so the first week of school is a wee bit busy for me. I haven't had the time to write and barely to visit.

I have been quite anxious to meet the new darlings in my class. Last year they almost forced a new teacher to quit and a seasoned teacher to enter the crazy house. I always like to start with a clean slate, but I have to admit the drama from last year was always yelling in the back of my head to run!

I strategically thought out my plan.....I would enter the classroom as a drill sergeant that gave hugs. I would run a tight ship and anyone who couldn't abide by the law would be thrown overboard.

Much to my dismay......this class has been wonderful! I have had them for three full days now, and I keep waiting for the bombs to start going off. I think maybe somehow their pins kept being pulled from their grenades last year to cause the issues that sent everyone talking.

This group has proven to be an intelligent, hard working mixture of boys and girls who need a little extra love. I am more than willing to give them the extra love and words of encouragement they have so screamed a need for.

On another note, 4 wheeler boy has entered junior high like a pro. He loves it so far, and he even told me about the many different groups that hang out at break. I couldn't help but shoot coke out of my nose as he vividly described the green "stuff" (eyeshadow) a girl has smeared all over the top of her eyes.

It has made my heart a little sadder in a way that he doesn't seem to need me to comfort him as much anymore. All the while, I can't help but smile thinking mechanic man and I must have done something right in the raising department for him to have adjusted so well.

Prissy girl is the nerdy intelligent little scholar she has always appeared to be since she entered the first day of pre-K. She loves school! I only wish I was as self motivated in completing my homework as she is.

Until next time....I am still absurdly yours.
P.S. Can someone tell me how to post a youtube video on here?


Creative Commons License



Absurdly Yours by
Absurdly Yours is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

Based on a work at
absurdlyyours.blogspot.com.

6 comments:

AFRo said...

I am so happy to hear that all is well down there. I've thought about you numerous times since last week. Keep your head up and I'm sure you will continue to see positive results.

We start on Wednesday. I'm nervous.

Unknown said...

I can't help you with the video...I'm glad to hear your first days went well...As for the Middle schooler..I have one leaving in just a week...oh lord I hope he comes home feeling great too!!

Anonymous said...

How nice that your class is behaving! What a blessing. Hopefully it's not a honeymoon period!

cupcake said...

Here's to a drama-free school year.

To post YouTube: you will see a button called "Share." Click on that. Then you will be prompted to enter your blog address, title, etc. Click "post to blog" and voila! It's there.

Wep said...

You can also use the embded code, copy it, edit your post in html and paste it in, if the other method doesn't work :)

John Deere Mom said...

Glad your class is better than you expected!!! Hope it continues!