Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Won! I Won!

I haven't been able to write in the last couple of days because I have been BUSY, but I have sooo much to tell so get your cup of coffee, coke, or for some of you Vodka and have a seat.

I did go to my sister's house and had a blast! She is such therapy for me. My cheeks were sore from laughing so much. One day I will have to post some pictures of our silliness.

Anyway the real reason I went to my sister's is that I had an appointment at a "certain" college (near her house)the next day about a scholarship. This is a scholarship to send teachers back to school to get their master's degree. It pays for all classes, books, gives me a laptop and a printer. Woo Hoo! Heavenly....right?

Well, I have been working on this for about a year, and I had pretty much determined it wasn't the right time to go back and complete my graduate degree. (BUT deep down I really wanted this!)

I went to my meeting Saturday and I was one of 56 chosen out of 300+ applicants. Did you hear that...I GOT IT! Thanks for the cheering, but lets settle down so I can finish. They even handed me my new laptop Saturday, fed me a wonderful lunch, and informed me that I would not receive a printer instead I would get $200.00 to spend on any type of technology I wanted. Woo Hoo, again!

Things are looking up for my classroom too! I did a little sweet talking and roped myself into a job of painting my classroom before I report for duty on August 4th. The nastiness has really been bothering me so I decided if the school district could purchase the paint and supplies, I could do the shitwork job.

Things have definately been looking up for this week, but I do have one sad bit to share. My son, who has a heart of gold, had saved up for this new phone he wanted. He even asked for cellular phone store gift cards for his birthday. We went and purchased the phone last week because his other one was having issues. He was the happiest tweenager I have ever seen. Well, Saturday he went to the pool and someone STOLE it. Isn't that sad? I would love to tell you how his mom went absurd, but that will have to wait until I have more time.

I am off to be Picaso!
Creative Commons License



Absurdly Yours by
Absurdly Yours is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

Based on a work at
absurdlyyours.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

MBKimmy said...

WAY TO GO!!! That is awesome that you were picked out of that many ... awesome - nice to meet you I look forward to reading your blog and thanks for stopping by mine!

AFRo said...

CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!!! I'm excited for you, but dying to know where the "certain" college is... give me a hint!

Good luck on the painting thing.. I despise painting!

Heather said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is awesome. I'm sorry to hear about the cell phone theft, though. THAT is a bummer.

Wep said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And you are a woman after my own heart, I totally would have painted my classroom too..

Big Pissy said...

Wow! congrats! That's awesome news! :)

sorry about your son's phone....that DOES suck. :(