Thursday, July 31, 2008

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Do you want the good or the bad first? What? Ok. The Good.



GOOD

I do not have to paint my classroom! Did you hear that? I DO NOT HAVE TO PAINT MY CLASSROOM. A dear friend told me about this guy that would paint it for $50.00. I am so excited! This will be the best fifty dollars I have ever spent.



BAD

I need help. I am starting to have a break down. I feel it coming on. My little bitty baby son is going to jr. high a week from today. How can my baby be this old? Seriously. I. am.losing.it. My eyes are welling up with tears as I type this. I am not normally an emotional person, but I can't believe he is growing up so fast. My husband thinks I am nuts. He can't relate to what I am feeling. Help me please!

UGLY

I decided it was long enough to be its on post, so you will hear about it later.




Creative Commons License



Absurdly Yours by
Absurdly Yours is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

Based on a work at
absurdlyyours.blogspot.com.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh lord...I wish I could help you but I have the same problem...worse yet is that in the year we've been here, he hasn't connected with anyone...so off to the big new school, with lockers, changing scheduals, and absolutly NO FRIENDS....oh geez...I need a hug

MBKimmy said...

Good - painters are awesome! So so glad you don't have to paint!

Bad - I am so so sorry I am with you ... I know I am not that far with you, but everytime I have to buy the bigger size diaper for Tatum I cry ... hang in there ... I will be sending good thoughts your way!

Ugly - Hope all is okay!

Wep said...

I remember, and am often reminded of my first day of junior high. I came home in TEARS, because I had no classes with my friends, and I had lunch A, and I was horrified that lunch line A was the hot lunch, and I was CONVINCED that because I was lunch A I couldn't buy a bagel from line C (seriously could they have number the lunches and lettered the lines?). Anywho, I came home CRYING and I was telling my mom how I didn't see my BFF Staci ALL DAY. She said I wasn't at school to hang out. I responded (and 20 years later this STILL comes up)

Mom, socialization is VERY important.

Day two was much better :) Hang in there.

Big Pissy said...

Oh, you SO shouldn't have to paint your own classroom! That's just wrong! Glad you found someone to do it for 50 bucks. :)

*sigh* I didn't feel those "pangs" until I watched my daughter drive off for college.

....as her little red car went around the corner....THEN I cried. ;-)

your baby will be fine. :)

AFRo said...

MGJH??? Tell him to keep his head down because if I'm not mistaken, the same dictator that was there... way back when I was in school there... is still around. It'll be good though. How did it go?

absurdly yours said...

I have heard so many stories about the dictator....but I think he is becoming softer with age. So far 4wheeler boy had loved it!

Trooper Thorn said...

We all know those days are going to come, but it doesn't make it any easier. My oldest is a college sophomore this year. How did that happen? Just yesterday hew was wiping diaper cream on his face and running around giggling.